$10k incentive - Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant Urgent Care FloatLocation:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Physician Assistants; Nurse Practitioners, Physician, Advanced PracticeSchedule:
Days Work Type:
Community Medicine Advanced Practitioners DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Geisinger ConvenientCare is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our growing team in beautiful Central Pennsylvania. This float position will rotate between all the Convenient Care clinics in the Central Region including Danville, Bloomsburg, Buckhorn, Berwick, Sunbury, Mt. Carmel and Pottsville, PA.
Geisinger ConvenientCare (urgent care) clinicians diagnose and treat common medical problems including sore throats, earaches, sinus infections, flu, urinary tract infections and more. Routine health exams, immunizations, screenings and wellness services are also provided.
ConvenientCare has much to offer, allowing you to live well in both your professional and personal life:
- $10k recruitment incentive.
- $5 float differential incentive.
- Attractive schedule - 14 rotating shifts/month, no overnight shifts, and no mandated additional shifts.
- Work autonomously with limited administrative burden.
- Access to Geisinger's vast network of resources and specialists.
- Work in comfort - Scrub business attire.
With Geisinger, you can also take advantage of:
- Competitive compensation package & benefits including a $10k recruitment incentive, a robust 401(k) retirement plan, CME, relocation, and more! To learn more about our extensive benefits, click here .
- Academic opportunities available via advanced practice preceptorship.
- Better quality of life - Enjoy fresh air, short commutes, a lower cost of living and tight-knit communities in our respective regions across Pennsylvania. To learn more about living in our service area, click here .
- Satisfaction of working for a nationally recognized, physician-led healthcare organization committed to leading healthcare change. To learn more about Geisinger's many accolades, click here .
Education and experience (Required):
Due to the autonomous nature of the position, Advanced Practitioners must be able to treat patients from age one and older, and have at minimum six months of Primary Care, Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, or Critical Care experience.
The successful Physician Assistant candidate will work under the responsibility and supervision of the physician and require completion of an ARC-PA (or predecessor organization) approved physician assistant program, current NCCPA certification or eligibility and Pennsylvania State licensure.
The successful Nurse Practitioner candidate will work in collaboration with the physician and have a certificate of completion from an approved program for Nurse Practitioners or be eligible to hold national certification that allows the NP to work with the patient populations and location settings associated with this position. Must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of PA.
Education Master's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Business Administration/Management (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Certified Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.