Terraces of Los Gatos has been named one of the Best Nursing Homes of 2021-2022 by U.S. News and World Report!
This is a new position!
Salary starts at 120K and up, (depending on experience)
Under general supervision, the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) supports the Director of Nursing (DON) in planning, directing, organizing, and evaluating nursing services to meet the total needs of the residents; ensures an efficient health facility operation in cooperation with other departments and in compliance with state and federal regulations. Provides care in accordance with our Philosophy for person-directed Care.
A day in the life may include:
- Makes daily rounds to observe residents and ensure that staffing levels meet residents' needs; ensures all appropriate and necessary nursing care is provided;
- Interacts with residents and families/responsible parties and staff; answers questions, gives directions and support;
- Directs admissions and discharges; coordinates with the acute hospital, assisted living, and independent living staff;
- Conducts staff meetings;
- Performs administrative planning;
- Supervises nursing and management staff including scheduling, hiring, training, and evaluating; acts on employee problems; recommends transfers, salary increases, and discipline;
To be successful in the role, you would have:
- Current RN license
- BS Degree Preferred
- 1 year of professional managerial experience in a related field
- Current CPR certification
- Prior nursing experience: senior care, skilled nurse, post-acute or sub-acute care preferred
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working after showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of their start date. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.