Our Forensic Technology team assists clients in disputes, litigation's, white-collar crime investigations, regulatory or internal inquiries with the aim to identify, retrieve and review evidence among large volumes of data from a broad range of sources such as e-mails, chats or other electronic documents on laptops, storage devices, servers, and databases for disclosure of material to an opponent, investigator, court or regulator.
Your contribution to KPMG
- Perform IT Forensic tasks at client's premises and in our forensic lab, including identifying, securing and acquiring digital evidence, and unstructured and structured data sets from a broad range of sources and IT systems, using specialized tools and state-of-the-art techniques
- Support disputes, litigation's, white-collar crime investigations, regulatory or internal inquiries with processing and preparation of data extracted from various sources for subsequent search, analysis and review by client, legal, and KPMG investigative teams
- Provide technical support to evidence evaluations and document reviews by client, legal, and KPMG investigative teams in dedicated, market-leading E-discovery platforms
- Summarize results from analyses and findings for preparation of reports and recommendations by case managers to support matters
- Apply advanced investigative and visualization techniques, as well as machine learning algorithms to get faster and better insights into data under review
- Assist with management and maintenance of KPMG's forensic lab and equipment, keeping the lab, solutions, and technologies up to date
- Contribute to development of novel tools and methodologies, building scripts to enhance delivery of forensic technology services, implementing, and maintaining service delivery operating procedures and playbooks
- Develop and implement robust mobile forensic infrastructure solutions in our forensic lab, and deploy and maintain such solutions at client's premises for disputes, litigation's, white-collar crime investigations, regulatory or internal inquiries.
This is what makes you successful
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a closely related technical degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Strong interest in, and ideally first prior professional exposure to forensic technology and/or E-discovery (ideally in a consulting or professional services environment, or in a dedicated E-discovery or technology support role/department in a corporate environment).
- Familiarity with leading E-discovery tools and platforms for data processing, analysis, and review (e.g. Nuix, Relativity, Clearwell/Veritas E-discovery Platform, Brainspace, Reveal, Ringtail, or similar) will be an advantage
- Familiarity with well-established forensic suite tools such as EnCase, Cellebrite, FTK, etc. will be an advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft operating systems
- Good understanding of hardware components and technologies (processors, bus systems, storage components) and broad knowledge of computer network technologies (components, protocols, network)
- Experience in virtualization solutions (HyperV, ESX)
- Experience with one or several of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python, Ruby, SQL
- Fluent German and professionally proficient English skills required, French and other languages an advantage
- Sense of responsibility, discretion and ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive data
- You excel when working under pressure, while at the same time maintaining a high level of diligence and eye for detail, supported by a sense of perseverance and assertiveness
- You bring a self-starting, flexible and dynamic personality with an entrepreneurial, creative mind-set and well-developed team spirit
- You thrive on solving complex problems and finding "the needle in the haystack"
We offer a range of generous benefits designed to help you thrive with us and benefit for life. Discover them below.
KPMG as an employer
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.