INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation, critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0 software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools, processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment, laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and environmental health and safety.
The Electrical Engineer II - Service Tools is responsible for design, development, upgrading, supporting, and testing of Service Tools devices and equipment. This position is located in E. Syracuse, NY and is allocated as a hybrid work opportunity with the expectation the successful candidates are within a reasonable drive distance to be in the office when required whether it is weekly or daily.
As a member of the technical staff, an Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and support of new electronic products up to and including full production. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, documentation packages, pre-production builds and transfers to production. This position will also be responsible for technical support of mature products currently in production.
- Participates in the product design efforts including defining product specifications, performing detailed electrical and electromechanical designs, evaluating and selecting components, and constructing and evaluating the performance of engineering prototypes
- Defines test procedures and performs tests of components and systems to insure that they meet performance goals.
- Generates documentation necessary for the design, assembly and testing of products
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering duties.
- Supports manufacturing with all engineering and testing related matters
- Works effectively in Product Teams and Product Development Teams as a responsible member. Utilizes team skills and problem solving skills as appropriate
- Supports existing products by investigating and finding solutions to problems, developing product improvements, and finding cost savings
- Writes engineering change notices
- Provides technical support to Sales and Marketing
- Assists in the development, improvement, and documentation of engineering best practices
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering with 3-6 years of relevant experience in electronic design with electronic circuit technology assembly processes (analog, power and digital design).
- Solid understanding of Circuit Theory and its application
- Must have exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies.
- Understanding of Stress Analysis and other supporting design calculations
- Experience with failure analysis to determine root cause and provide corrective actions
- Experience with obsolescence affects the product lifecycle
- EE Software experience: Cadence schematic capture, PCB layout analysis and review, PSpice or equivalent (LT Spice) etc
- Ability to use a variety measurement equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, function generator, spectrum analyzer, multimeter, current sources, etc.
- Ability to design, develop, and build test fixtures to support production
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical design experience a plus
- Experience with regulatory review and testing, EMC, Safety, Restriction of Hazardous Substances, UL and EU regulations a plus
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON's forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and more!
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
The above is a limited list of responsibilities and not inclusive. There may be times when the employee will be expected to perform duties outside this scope. When duties and responsibilities change this job description will be reviewed and subject to changes based on business necessity.
- 3 - 6 years: Relevant experience in electronic design with electronic circuit technology assembly processes (analog, power and digital design)
- Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Masters or better in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Organizational Skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)