Rex Moore - Bay Area - San Francisco, CA
DayCome join the Rex Moore Family and Achieve Excellence!Electrical Supervisors:
Oversee an electrical Installation crew on a construction site while they perform installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment on commercial, industrial, institutional and renewable energy projects. This job description describes the general duties, requirements and qualifications for the classification of a Electrical Supervisor. Each individual's group classification and corresponding wage rate is based on the percentage of the following job description with respect to the skills, education and experience that each individual possesses. About US:
Rex Moore Group, Inc. or \"Rex Moore\" is a family-owned and managed company, performing electrical and integrated systems engineering, manufacturing, construction and maintenance.
Since our founding in 1922, our philosophy has been to build lasting relationships and to uphold the highest standards of quality in the construction industry. Rex Moore has grown to one of the largest electrical contractors in the U.S. with over $200 million in annual sales. Core Values:
- Creativity -The ability to transcend traditional limitations and develop meaningful new ideas
- Leadership - The act of providing guidance, direction, support and inspiration
- Relationships - The connection between people or groups for mutual benefits
- Responsibility - Being accountable for the things within our control
- Authenticity - Representing ourselves honestly and genuinely.
Annual Golf Tournament
Annual Family Picnic
Employee Appreciation/Birthday parties Benefits:
Medical Insurance - Anthem Blue Cross
Dental Coverage - Anthem Blue Cross
Vision Coverage - VSP
Health Savings Account
Paid Time Off (PTO plans) Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must possess leadership qualities to effectively direct up to 20 crew members
- Meets or exceeds project schedules, productivity standards and monetary budgets
- Demonstrates strong expertise in all aspects of trade related materials, components, equipment and systems
- Effectively communicates with peers, crew, project supervision and General Contractor
- Proficient at the interpretation and application of blueprints
- Coordinates work and activities with PM, GC, owner reps and other trades
- Forecasts Manpower and equipment needs
- Evaluates employees under his/her supervision in a timely manner
- Documents and reports all disciplinary issues to HR and implements any actions or procedures as instructed by HR or Supervisor
- Possess good vision normal or corrected
- Working under hot and cold weather conditions, indoors and outdoors
- Wear personal protective equipment; hard hat, safety glasses, boots, long pants and sleeved shirt all suitable for construction work at all times while working, and ear plugs or respirators when required.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
- Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime as required and night shifts.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach over head.
- Constantly moving on the feet.
- Must be able to make the transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction but acceptable for use.
In addition to the tasks listed, the ideal candidate shall have, at minimum:
Education, Certifications, Licenses:
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and skills.
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Proficient at the interpretation and application of blueprints, including architectural, civil, and structural prints.
- Strong communication skills ability to provide and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively communicates technical information with peers, assistants, project supervision & other trades.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in all aspects of trade related materials, components, equipment, systems, methods installation, safety procedures, safe work practices, basic calculations, blueprint, and drawing interpretation & troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic construction scheduling.
- Proficient at interpreting basic construction related accounting reports.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative
- Exhibits high level of organization throughout work tasks.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Proficient at arithmetic (including fractions & decimals) and basic algebra.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Holds a current General Electrical certification through the state
- At least 5-10 years of related experience
Regularly exposed to environmental conditions inside and outside: inclement weather, cold, heat, and humidity. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Frequently exposed to vibrations, moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, machines, dust and chemicals. May be required to function in crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, and other areas of close proximity. Occasionally required to work on elevated surfaces including on ladders and lifts.