A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what's possible?
Location: Lafayette, IN (Fully On-site)
Job Title: Engineering Intern
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Engineering Interns will apply basic engineering fundamentals learned in college programs to revamp, develop, and improve engineering drawings, BOMs, and manufacturing processes with the support of engineers and operations within the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Review processes and materials used in production to ensure BOMs are correct
- Assist with time studies on the production floor
- Make recommendations to management regarding manufacturing improvements based on data collected on production floor
- Document and make changes to drawings with the support of engineers
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations
- Provide comprehensive report out to leadership on assignments and other related projects
- Experience with software programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, AutoCad, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with business partners
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented and creative
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.