Greentube GmbH, the global interactive unit of NOVOMATIC, is a leading developer and supplier of iGaming solutions. Greentube is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NOVOMATIC Group, one of the biggest producers and operators of gaming technologies and one of the largest integrated gaming companies in the world. Greentube's industry leading omni-channel technology allows the convergence of online, mobile and land-based games. The well-diversified product portfolio includes Classic Slots, Table Games, Live Dealer Gaming, AWP Reloaded Slots, Server-Based Gaming, Social Casino Gaming, Bingo and more.
Framework Developer (f/m/d) - Paternity Leave Replacement
with relevant work experience
The Greentube Games Technology department provides the novoSDK toolkit to international partners. This game development kit allows our partners to quickly & efficiently develop new slots and other online casino games on a wide range of platforms.
The framework stands out for the high-quality technical support and other in-house services that we offer to our partners. In order to maintain the quality despite the constantly growing number of active developers, we are looking for an experienced Framework Developer to assist us full-time.
This position is limited to a duration of 14 months, but there might be an option for extension of a successful collaboration dependent on the further restructuring of our department in the exciting months ahead. Aufgaben
- Extend, refactor, document, and continuously improve a framework that is used by development teams from all over the world (UK, Netherlands, Spain, Slovakia, Greece, Australia, USA, etc.)
- Support those very same novoSDK partners with their games development projects by providing answers to general questions in Jira issues and assisting hands-on when it comes to debugging their games, various staging & production environments and our own framework code
- Implement new framework features and tools as required, e.g. in form of new market requirements or coming from other stakeholders, and provide helpful tutorials on how to make proper use of them
- Contribute to improving our code quality and skill sets, e.g. through constructive code reviews via GitLab and the mentoring of junior developers
- Answer technical inquiries and resolve framework related problems from other departments within the company group such as Games QA or Compliance
- Participate actively in our recurring meetings such as biweekly sprint review/retrospective/planning and backlog refinement sessions
- Assist in keeping our steadily growing games portfolio up-to-date
- Completed higher technical education (e.g. BSc or equivalent) is an advantage but not a requirement
- Minimum of 2 years of solid work experience in software development
- Team-oriented approach to work combined with the willingness to provide well-written technical documentation and an intrinsic motivation to coach & mentor other developers to help them become the best possible version of themselves
- Interest in games development specifically and the gambling industry in general
- Motivated to optimize existing framework components, tools and code bases
- Very good communicational skills as well as fluency in both spoken & written English (German proficiency would be advantageous)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and/or previous development experience of APIs is desirable
- Previous experience with Scrum, Kanban or similar agile development methods
- Experience with cloud technologies and in writing & maintaining unit tests
- Eager to work with new technologies & tools with an honest curiosity to stay up-to-date in various fields of software development, including both front-end and back-end development
- Flexible working hours, home office options and a culture that encourages work-life balance.
- Training budget to support your personal and professional growth.
- Daily fresh fruits, a wide tea selection, fair trade coffee and an in-house canteen.
- Support with relocation from abroad and reimbursement of travel costs for an interview.
- Office gym, weekly yoga and Freeletics training to stay fit. Darts and table football for fun.
- Wide range of local employee discounts, offers and health care benefits.
Our employees are our most valuable asset, which is why we honour their exceptional work with not only a variety of benefits, but also a very competitive salary. According to 9 Abs. 2 GlBG, the minimum collective salary is 44.660,- Euro gross per annum. We are more than willing to offer a higher salary to potential candidates in correlation with any job-related additional training, qualifications and work experience they possess.