- They are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for architecting and developing their core Front End infrastructure.
About Our Client
This company was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Their approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, they are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for their users that can take just minutes!
The main responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with our designers to iterate and implement on design concepts
- Architect and build our client-side infrastructure
- Work with full stack/backend engineers to ship features
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable Front End libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The main qualifications are:
- 2+ years of Full time engineering experience
- Extensive experience with modern client-side JS libraries such as React, Typescript, Redux
- Familiarity with server-side technology such as Node.js, Rails, Django, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices - design patterns, code reviews, unit and integration testing, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical specifications both verbal and written
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, production environment web apps
- Experience with client-side performance and optimization
- Demonstrate design, UX sensibility, and attention to detail
- Understanding of web security, common attacks and defenses
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Experience architecting web analytics and A/B testing systems
- Solid HTML, CSS fundamentals
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision