INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation, critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0 software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools, processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment, laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and environmental health and safety.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop Value Stream Maps - Lead value stream mapping efforts with a team to develop current state and future state value stream maps. Identify waste, create the improvement roadmap, and drive implementation of improvements to reduce waste.
- Lead/Facilitate Kaizen Events - Responsible for preparing for, leading, and following up on week long continuous improvement events to drive positive change throughout the organization. Use value stream mapping to create the transformation roadmap and drive targeted improvements. Work with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver results.
- Lead Lean Continuous Improvement Efforts - Drive continuous improvement efforts through coaching and teaching. Coordinate problem-solving activity with all departments to drive completion of Quick Hits and Projects.
- Maintain Lean Foundation Work - Update time studies, process flow maps, and process flow matrix as required.
- Implement 5S and Visual Factory - Drive 5S implementation over multiple value streams and sustain improvements. Help maintain layered audit system for safety, quality, and delivery.
- Deliver Lean Training - Develop and deliver training in topics such as: 5S/visual factory, value stream mapping, flow, kaizen events
- Promote awareness of Lean Continuous Improvement and help create and support a culture committed to employee involvement. Always work to put safety first and to drive quality into the process.
- Document and Quantify Improvement Activities - Follow the A3 reporting format for kaizen events and projects and quantify cost savings associated with projects
- BS in Industrial Engineering or Related Filed
- 3+ years Experience in Industrial Engineering, Lean, or equivalent
- Demonstrated coaching abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply industrial engineering skills including: capacity analysis, facility layout development, value stream mapping, line balancing, work cell design, waste reduction.
- Strong understanding of lean principles
Preferred: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON's forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and more!
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)