Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
will be required to also take call for ir and rotate-multimodality
*New Hires Eligible for Sign-On up to $10,000!*
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
The Lead CT Scan Technologist is a position that provides clinical expertise and education to the CT department, to ensure that a high quality, cost effective product or service is delivered in support of the hospital's strategic plan, and the functions' according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, goals and objectives. This position is mainly 90-100% clinical and provides oversights for off- shift or off- site. Assists with onboarding and training of new hires. Provides coaching to CT Tech staff.
- Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures according to department procedures and protocols by selecting correct exposure factors, algorithms and scan fields while utilizing the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce technically accurate cross sectional images
- Serves as ambassador of the H3W leadership behaviors. Provides training to new employees or for new tasks to existing employees; serves as resource to colleagues on issues/questions and provides guidance; coaches for improved performance by providing appropriate feedback; maintains a positive environment. Provides appropriate feedback to Supervisor regarding any concern/issues that may arise. Provides coaching and training to CT Tech staff. Assists with onboarding and training of new CT Tech staff. Serves as the lead to activate emergency staffing, planning or procedures as needed.
- Assist with quality control, data collection and quality assurance for regulatory compliance and accreditation.
- Accurately inputs data into the RIS by tracking actual procedures to capture exam and supply charges, resource allocation and other relevant information. Transfers correctly annotated images and pertinent paperwork into PACS.
- Obtains all relevant patient information, including but not limited to, current lab values, medication usage, ensuring reason for exam is concordant with exam request in order to perform the appropriate exam, on the correct patient, to procure an accurate diagnosis.
- Explain procedures to patients and addresses their concerns. Assists with patient schedules and protocolling
- Appropriately maintains exam rooms, supplies and equipment according to performance standards. Maintains area supplies and reports equipment malfunctions. Performs and documents quality assurance testing on equipment according to established protocols to maintain high performance of the system. Utilizes ALARA principals and appropriate infection control techniques to ensure a safe work environment.
- Starts intravenous sites, assesses existing sites and injects intravenous contrast according to established protocols
- Maintains clinical proficiency and annual health stream. Participates in the department quality, safety and compliance initiatives.
- When necessary, provides clinical supervision and instruction to students by maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures and the clinical competency process in order to evaluate student growth and competence in performing imaging procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Radiology Technician specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.