This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Hill -rom and Baxter have united, creating one of the world s leading medical products companies. We are committed to our shared vision to transform healthcare. We're building on the legacy and strengths of two historically innovative and socially responsible companies that-when joined together-should better serve our patients, customers, and communities. This is an exciting time to join us as we begin a new chapter, together.
No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You can expect to work with caring people who value relationships. Our teams are strong and empowered because we value differences. This is where you can do your best work and thrive in an international environment. This is where you can belong!
- See that all vital materials are on hand and equipment is in order. May, therefore, be required to move stock, and material.
- Will also operate machinery as specified.
- Mount, position, and adjust various cutting tools, adapters, collets, pushers, cams, threading devices, and other tooling as needed to make a quality part as determined by drawing specifications and set-up guidelines.
- Must also be able to set the accurate feeds and speeds to ensure that a quality part is produced consistently.
- Programming CNC machinery, must be capable of crafting and formulating programs which will produce a part in blueprint specifications.
- Build and troubleshoot programs, and make any vital adjustments to programs or machine settings to produce parts.
- Use the accurate job procedures/instructions, drawings, specifications, sequence of operations, SPC, perform and detail quality checks.
- Assist supervisor as needed to ensure that schedules are met. This may include helping with the scheduling, preparing and moving of material, rework, etc.
- Make preventative maintenance checks to ensure that accurate lubrication and coolant levels are maintained.
- Responsible for timely and accurate labor reporting.
- Responsible for both quality and quantity of work.
- Participate in team activities and problem solving sessions as required.
- Communicate problems and/or solutions to appropriate team member.
- Follow all processes and procedures as written. As needed, document and/or chart production data to aid in problem identification, quality feedback and production scheduling.
- Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product and smooth flow and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Train, instruct, and assist other operators as required.
- Evaluate defective material and tooling, faulty operations, questionable conditions and potential work stoppages; advise and recommend alternatives to appropriate person. (May require the use of computer and telecommunication device.)
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned. The inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to this job. Supervisory responsibilities:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications:
Education and/or experience:
- Must pass Machine Set-Up Test
- May be required to have tow motor license.
High School Diploma or (GED) General Education Degree (applies to anyone hired after 1997). Physical requirements:
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is a crucial job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
- Note all physical requirements of the position. Please use the ADA Essential Functions Checklist as a Guide.
At Hill-Rom, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties. M/f/d/v
- Additional Job Description Additional Job Description
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .