Operating a restaurant is difficult. With thin profit margins and a growing shortage of labor, many venues rely on their bar to stay in business. At Backbar Solutions, we've developed the world's first fully automated cocktail dispenser that can make multiple cocktails at a time without any staff interaction. We make running a bar a whole lot easier and more efficient. At Backbar, we focus on the drinks so hospitality companies can focus on giving their guests the best experience possible.
We are looking for a passionate and mechanical engineer who thrives in the fast-paced environment of an early-stage startup. You will be rapidly prototyping while readily applying mechanical engineering fundamentals to creatively solve problems in robotics, automation, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Design, model, test, and iterate prototypes, eventually taking them to production
- Conceiving, architecting, designing, and engineering individual sub-systems while optimizing their combined functionality that make up the Backbar machine.
- Identify and select materials of custom components along with relevant manufacturing processes
- Incorporate design for manufacturing & design for reliability concepts
- Maintain proper product data during development within CAD and MRP systems
- Independently apply product development processes in an effective and comprehensive manner
- Work closely with manufacturing and supply chain to optimize design and development
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of mechanical design engineering experience
- Proficient in CAD (Onshape and/or Solidworks)
- Project history demonstrating expertise in hands-on, rapid prototyping
- Strong knowledge of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Proficient in creating technical documentation for manufacturers
- Knowledge of ISO GPS or ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Experience working on fast-paced early stage R&D projects
- Sheet metal design experience
- Strong background and experience with DFM and DFA
- Health care plan
- Stock plan
- Flexible PTO
- Relocation assistance