Kiewit OGC Engineering
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit's module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence. This position focuses on the design and specification of pressure vessels, storage tanks, packaged equipment systems, and other fixed equipment in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-focused engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office. One of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Perform equipment sizing and design calculations.
- Prepare data sheets, engineering guide drawings, and specifications with sufficient detail to define the equipment scope and technical requirements for inquiry and order on projects.
- Perform technical bid evaluations for vendor selection.
- Review vendor documents submitted for review or approval. Act as the communication focal point for appropriate information/data between the vendor, client, and other disciplines.
- Support construction, commissioning, and startup of equipment.
- Develop criteria, guidelines, and best practices for the equipment to provide for a safe, efficient, cost-effective, and reliable end product.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- At least 7+ years of experience in pressure vessel, tank, packaged equipment systems, and fixed equipment design specifically in the LNG, midstream, refining, and/or petrochemical industries
- Advanced knowledge and application of: ASME pressure vessel code and of API standards for storage tanks; Best practices associated with ASME pressure vessels and storage tanks; Use and limitations of medium and high strength carbon steels, low alloy steels, and stainless steels in the design and fabrication of pressure vessels; Quality assurance methods and practices for materials and fabrication of the equipment; Welding processes and practices; Manufacturing processes and operations from raw material form to fabricated product.
- Intermediate proficiency using COMPRESS or PV Elite, and using API tank design software.
- Intermediate proficiency using AutoCAD (preferred).
- Strong understanding of underlying engineering principles of best practices.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to safety, ethics, and integrity.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
- FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.