Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
7a-3:30 p Rotating weekends and holidays Possible cross training at the Plainfield ED laboratory
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Performs, interprets and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in the physician diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. Expected to utilize complex problem-solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university, AND successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Scientist program
- One (1) year experience working as a technologist in a clinical laboratory
- ASCP or equivalent categorical/generalist certification
- Ability to adopt H3W Leadership behaviors and become a strong H3W ambassador
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal, written and listening) skills and good leadership abilities.
- Ability to comply with OSHA and applicable regulatory requirements by following established procedures in order to maintain a safe laboratory environment and to meet accreditation standards.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.