Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
Our Gear Advisors are front and center to the success of our business and provide our customers with the best buying experience possible. You will be responsible for establishing, servicing, and maintaining a customer base in a fast paced and fun environment all the while nurturing our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Gear Advisors successful:
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales and leadership.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Selling: Able to work through Contact Center training program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
As our Gear Advisor, you will:
- Manage all aspects of customer accounts through multiple contact channels; email/chat/inbound and outbound phone calls
- Perform Outbound calling and other revenue generating activities to increase existing revenue and develop new revenue
- Handle inbound sales requests and establish those customers into your revenue stream
- Manage your book of business accounting for key KPIs including but not limited to net sales, margin %, call counts, and warranty coverage sales
- Grow your customer database and build revenue
- Offer exceptional service taking advantage of all sales avenues to achieve and exceed goals
- Understand and articulate the advantages of our company over the competition
- Additional duties as assigned
Gear Advisor Perks:
- Work From Home/hybrid-model options available
- HUGE employee discounts on music gear and Guitar Center products
- An amazing culture!
- A robust, comprehensive benefits program including Gig Leave, to accommodate a musician's tour schedule
- Performance based incentive program
- Incentive based referral program