Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services- all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Oncology Neuro Nurse Coordinator (RN) is responsible for partnering with patients and providers to offer personalized, individualized care of patients throughout the continuum of care to increase and assure timely access to healthcare services. Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary care team, functioning as a patient advocate, educator, key point of contact and liaison between the patient and all other appropriate services.
- Navigates patients through the continuum to eliminate barriers to health care and enhancing patient and provider satisfaction.
- Functions as a collaborating member of the health care team, but also must be able to act independently to assess patient and provider needs to ensure appropriate handoffs so that patients receive services promptly and efficiently.
- Applies the nursing process as appropriate within the context of the organization's framework for professional practice and in accordance with guidelines established by the team.
- Assess patients for psychological distress and make appropriate referrals if more intensive support is needed.
- Actively participates in professional meetings and conferences i.e. disease management teams, cancer conferences, and nursing meetings.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate, implement, and monitor the patient's process of care, to communicate openly and empathetically with patients and their family members
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with navigation team and multidisciplinary care team in all aspects of defining and implementing navigation program.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including professional staff, patients, community, media, and other service agencies.
- Participates as needed in community education outreach programs/ workshops/seminars/support services.
- BS in Nursing strongly preferred
- CT RN license required. Certification in specialty area preferred
- Minimum 5 years clinical nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrates use of clinical skills and expertise in the area of diagnosis, treatment, and psychosocial impact of disease.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills including superior telephonic communications skills with the ability to comprehensively assess patient's physical and psychosocial status as well as conduct complex medical history discussions over the telephone.
- Knowledge of adult learning competencies and patient teaching skills
- Demonstrated management skills reflecting self-motivation, initiative and fiscal responsibility
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.