Internal Medicine Physician needed in Somerset, KY. Somerset, KY / 90 minutes S of Lexington, KY / County Population of 65k.
- Permanent, Full-time position (no locums).
- Seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine Physician for an outpatient opportunity.
- Join an outpatient group practice that runs a rural health clinic .
- Currently 15 physicians and 8 mid-level providers work there
- The practice works with a hospitalist team that admits and manages any inpatient needs .
- Financial Information: Competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Located just minutes from I-75, Somerset has a strong and solid business climate. This part of Kentucky is known as the houseboat capital of the world, with the majority of houseboats being manufactured in the immediate area. The public-school system of Pulaski County serves approximately 8,000 students with eight elementary schools, two middle schools, two high schools and one technology center. Independent school systems include Somerset Independent, with one elementary school, one middle school and one high school; and Science Hill Independent, with one school for students K-8. There also are several Christian schools, with Somerset Christian School being the largest, with more than 300 K-12 students. Somerset is also home to the Center for Rural Development, which brings nationally recognized, high quality performing and visual arts, concerts and other special events to the community. Somerset Community College, a division of the Kentucky Community-Technical College System (KCTCS), offers associate degrees and curricula for the first two years toward a bachelors degree. In addition, there are seven other colleges and universities located within 75 miles of Somerset. Additionally, Somerset is known for the Somernites Cruise, which is held on the fourth Saturday of each month from April to October. The Cruise is the largest car and cruise show in Kentucky.
For more information, please contact Dan Morton at or call 1-. JO 12