Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is a global payments FinTech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 19 global locations and have raised over $800 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
The Airwallex Online Payments team is responsible for our global acquiring platform, enabling our platform and business account customers to receive funds through a variety of card schemes and local payment methods.
As a member of the Online Payments product team, you will be the domain expert for cost and pricing understanding of global card schemes. You will collaborate closely with product managers, engineering, and business strategy teams to ensure our pricing is accurate and competitive for our merchants in all regions.
Aligning closely with Airwallex values of Customer First, Craftsmanship, and Obsessive Curiosity, the role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and high operational ability.
1. Operate as the domain expert for pricing understanding, including documentation and reporting to stakeholders on pricing approaches
2. Maintain and reconcile card scheme pricing updates and implement subsequent changes to our internal cost and pricing engine
3. Produce dashboards and key insights around cost and pricing for various schemes and regions
4. Respond to and investigate cost and pricing anomalies including working with customer success teams to respond to merchant inquiries
5. Work closely with product managers and engineering to define price management and estimation tools that enable pricing understanding and optimization across Airwallex customer groups.
6. Work closely with Airwallex strategy teams to develop pricing strategies
7. Work closely with Airwallex operations teams to support and streamline scheme reporting, certifications, and other scheme management obligations
Skills and Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree in a quantitative area of study including engineering, finance, science, etc
2. Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with proficiency in data languages and business intelligence tools (SQL, Looker, etc)
3. Understanding of software engineering practices
4. High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Prior experience in the Payments industry desired
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You'll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.