Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
36 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
7p-7a x 3, 36 hours Nights, every third weekend, every other holiday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Emergency Department at HOCC - Bradley Memorial campus is a 10 bed unit that cares for patients across the spectrum of age, health, education, etc. The staff includes Registered Nurses, Patient Care Associates, Unit Secretaries, Physicians, and Mid-Level practitioners. The Emergency Department is equipped with all tools needed to safely care for any patient from central station cardiac monitoring to ultrasound equipment, to our EHR (Epic ASAP). All staff work together and in a supportive environment to make sure we have a safe environment for our staff & patients, working the most efficiently, and providing the highest level of satisfaction for our staff & patients.
- Organizes and administers individualized, professional patient care to patients within an assigned unit of the hospital.
- Provides nursing care as directed by medical staff and in accordance with the objectives, policies, procedures and protocols of the hospital and the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care as established.
- Participates in patient teaching and discharge planning.
- Incorporates the needs and behavior of the patient's specific age group in planning and providing care.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Nursing degree from an accredited BSN or ASN program
Current RN license in state of Connecticut.
Minimum one year RN experience in Emergency Medicine preferred.
Self directed in the management of patient care.
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Independent problem solving skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.