Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
36 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
8 and/or 12 hr shifts available; q other W/E; other holiday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center is a 473-bed Magnet recognized community teaching hospital committed to continuing Christ's healing ministry through its service to the greater Bridgeport, CT community. Our Medical Oncology Unit is a 20 bed unit committed to providing the highest level of care for patients with various diagnoses. We specialize in oncological care and administer both chemotherapy and immunotherapy. Our patients on this unit are supported by our caring team of Registered Nurses, Techs, Providers and support staff. We believe that an energetic, passionate team of dedicated professionals is necessary to provide the personalized, compassionate care to our patients.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active CT RN license required prior to start date.
- BLS certification required within 60 days of hire.
- BSN required, however will consider ASN/ADN enrolled in a BSN program.
- Oncology RN experience preferred.
- Chemo certification preferred.
All New Graduate RNs will participate in a year-long Nurse Residency Program (NRP) with a curriculum proven to improve decision-making competence and confidence, nursing leadership and critical thinking skills, and provide a higher-level of overall support during the time of transition to professional practice.
The Nurse Residency Program offers monthly seminars that will compliment nursing orientation and the unique training provided to Registered Nurses in our various units across the hospital.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.