We Are Hiring:
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Department: Respiratory Care
Schedule: PRN, Day
Hospital: Ascensio St Alexius Medical Center
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Critical Care credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) preferred.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) preferred.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) preferred.
- ACCS (Adult Critical Care Specialist) from NBRC preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.