WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC Asia Pacific Limited is seeking a Senior Advisor to join its Hong Kong business. This person will play a key role in the Hong Kong management team, including as one of our three Responsible Officers. The successful candidate will utilize their in-depth knowledge of the Hong Kong market structure and understanding of the regulatory landscape, to provide relevant advice and guidance to the Board of Directors.
Management and Supervision of Operations
- Report to the Board of IMC in relation to the conduct of IMC s business and relevant matters; and
- Attend board meetings and any other important meetings and present his/her opinions and views.
- Promote the Company s compliance culture, awareness of regulatory developments, and best practices within the business.
- Provide advice or support to the board on business operations matters and to execute relevant contracts and documents
- Provide appropriate supervisory oversight of the regulated activities of IMC and its Managers in Charge;
- Ensure IMC s compliance with the laws of Hong Kong, Securities and Futures Commission regulations, and HKEX rules, including through review of exception reports and overseeing appropriate remedial action.
- Liaise with the Securities and Futures Commission, HKEX, and other regulatory bodies, in connection with all aspects of IMC s trading.
- Review and approve trading strategies, software upgrades and applications to HKEX.
- Communicate regularly with Global Legal & Compliance and Regional Legal and Compliance to understand the global objectives to develop relevant short term and longer-term business plans/projects, share regulatory knowledge of corresponding jurisdiction and represent the local interests/concerns in global/regional projects.
- Maintain awareness of developments in the business and future business plans.
- Take part in internal meetings or committees to provide updates or advise the group on matters in relation to HK business activities;
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Past work experience including senior positions at HKEX, SFC or regulated financial institutions.
- An existing Responsible Officer licensed to supervise Type 1 & 2 regulated activities. Alternatively, possess the appropriate ability, skills, knowledge and experience to meet Responsible Officer competence requirements;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) is mandatory, fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is preferred
- Proven experience in managing teams within financial firms or authorities in either risk, compliance or oversight areas.
- A solid understanding of the Hong Kong regulatory environment particularly on Hong Kong financial market laws and regulations, and the rules of HKEX.
- Experience dealing with requests for information, audits, inspections, and investigations.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Familiarity with financial market laws and regulations in other Asia-Pacific countries is an advantage.
- Understanding of proprietary trading, market making strategies and technology of automated trading systems is an advantage.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice by anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Hong Kong, and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world s best trading firm.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.