Shift Maintenance Engineer
£38,500.00 per annum inclusive of shift allowance (plus extensive overtime available)
This is a business who are always revolutionising and inventing new food products. Providing produce to major retailers across the UK, they combine unique expertise in worldwide sourcing and competitive purchasing meaning they are ahead of the game in the world of food ingredients and food service.
Due to recent expansion this client is partnering with me in recruiting an experienced Shift Maintenance Engineer.
As Shift Maintenance Engineer you ll be
- Take a logical approach participating in fault finding, diagnostic and corrective actions to maintain and improve the operation of the process equipment.
- Act as incident coordinator (on shift) in the event of major breakdowns and or incidents requiring the involvement or possible call in of other maintenance and support services.
- Participate as a member of the shift team in investigating and correcting process, product and quality related issues, and the delivery of robust corrective actions.
- Undertake predictive, preventative, fixed interval and planned maintenance activities as part of the overall planned maintenance regime under the management of the Engineering leadership.
- Any other reasonable activities which may arise which are consistent with the job title, your skills, qualifications and experience.
- Assist and support production as required in the rebuild of production lines in readiness for the shift start.
- Minimise production downtime and related quality issues related to machinery condition.
- Minimise production downtime and quality losses related to machine performance and breakdown through the provision of a skilled and responsive front line maintenance service.
- Complete scheduled planned and preventative routines and undertake necessary corrective actions.
- Participate as a member of the shift team in investigating and correcting process, product and quality related issues.
- Maintain and develop the physical environment of the company as a safe, secure and productive place to work.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Good working knowledge of workshop equipment e.g.. hand tools, power tools, cutting equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Strong hands-on experience of electromechanical maintenance of high-speed production machines.
- Good mechanical appreciation and demonstrable hands-on knowledge of pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, pistons etc.
- Demonstrable expertise in component and sub-system fault finding and reporting.
- Experience of working with variable speed drives AC / DC.
- HNC/Apprenticeship or equivalent practical experience.