Overview: Performs maintenance, repair and refurbishment of gas compression equipment at a make-ready shop.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in accurately and efficiently diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems on multiple compressor configurations.
- Show track record of performing Preventative Maintenance (PM) with no guidance.
- Perform Major Maintenance (MM) and Overhauls as part of a team.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Read, write and speak English and/or fully understand daily work instructions (work orders, manuals, etc.).
- Follow all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Complete and submit company required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, skid wiring, etc., through Compressor 101, equivalent training or performance verification
- Knowledge of new technologies
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
- Generally understands all processes and systems on how a compressor works
Minimum Education and Certification:
- Preferred - High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred - Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training
- Typically at least 3 years experience with natural gas engines and compressor
- May serve as a resource to others with less experience
- Often called on to assist in training or mentoring less experienced FSTs
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed - Refer to WorkSaver Systems Critical Demands for full details
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role
- Constantly required to stand, display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to walk with good balance
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds
- Occasionally required to stoop, twist, kneel, and squat
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and slanted ladders
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus