A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what's possible?
Location: Livermore, CA
Southwire Job Description
Human Resources Manager
Location: Livermore, CA
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
People & Culture Manager is responsible for supporting all human resource functions at the assigned facilities. The HR Manager will provide support and guidance to the location's teams ensuring a positive work environment that emphasizes safety, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance. The HR Manager will also execute on the deployment of HR programs, providing employee relations assistance, supporting recruitment and retention, communicating benefits, compensation, and maintaining legal compliance.
- This individual will manage the tactical day-to-day Human Resources operations as well as providing the strategic oversight in initiatives such as flexible scheduling, job leveling & cross training, DEI focuses, etc.
- System/Administrative and governance responsibilities such as: payroll & time tracking, auditing, training, job evaluation, job requisitions/bid process, COVID tracking & reporting, new hires, terminations, separation agreements, retirement, unemployment, FMLA, ADA, employee records, benefits, performance, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes market data to identify trends and recommend solutions for wages, performance improvement, retention, and enhancement of the employee experience.
- Provides management coaching to build leadership capabilities related to talent assessments, resolution of employee issues, recognition, and performance.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the facility's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Works with managers and employees to address employee relations issues of all types, ensuring that the interests of all parties are represented in a fair and balanced manner.
- Hosts, communicates, and/or support company initiatives in one-on-one and/or group training sessions as appropriate
- Forms and oversees Employee Resource Groups to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- PHR/SPHR Certification a plus.
- Must have excellent P.C. Skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Travel between facilities will be required (40% - 60%).
Attracts Top Talent
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.