A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what's possible?
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing production, providing leadership to the manufacturing team, and facilitating the production process to ensure the achievement of all manufacturing objectives. This person works with the Leads, employees, and other members of management in their facility to oversee the production floor, manages the human capital plan, drive operational excellence, and direct capacity management.
The Operations Supervisor is a Front-Line Leader with overall responsibility of Human Capital within their span of control. They are responsible for the performance and development of the front-line employees. The Supervisor has autonomy to make adjustments to execute production plans by managing resources in support of the overall Value Stream goals and Customer Demand.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a Culture of Zero by continuously monitoring safety rules and requirements (i.e. dress code/PPE/reporting requirements/machine guarding)
- Lead the completion of Incident Investigations at the time of the event, including root cause and corrective action. Responsibility to escalate.
- When necessary, complete risk assessments and hazard recognition
- Respond to employee safety concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate safety violations, employee safety concerns and/or identified safety hazards to management
- Create Maintenance Work Order for alteration or repair of safety hazards
- Assist with development of safe work procedures and/or job hazard analyses
- Participate in safety initiatives and facilitate participation
- Single point of contact for site evacuation/shelter in place
- Performance Management
- Provide coaching and feedback
- Establish goals and objectives
- Career Development planning and discussions
- Document work performance and administer discipline
- Employee Engagement and responding to eNPS identified priority drivers
- Acts as a Management Representative during off-business hours (such as weekends and holidays) - shift rotation
- Resource management
- Ensure the right resources are in the right place to run the operation
- First point of escalation for employee/personnel issues
- Participates in turnover analysis
- Staffing control - manage vacations, leaves, job movements, etc. to ensure adequate staffing
- Participate in interviews of new candidates
- Establish training plans to include new hires, new to position, cross training, etc.
- Approval of employee's timecard in ADP on a daily basis
- Leads Tier 1 Daily Accountability process with Team Leaders
- Facilitate the Daily Huddle Process
- Problem solving/analyzing
- Managing Incomes/outcomes
- Drive results vs plan
- Continuous Improvement - use and execute tools to promote operational excellence
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a production control/planning environment preferred.
- Can do minimum manipulation of data in excel and formula creation, calculate percentages, percent difference and understand Pareto charts at a level to train and explain to others.
- Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to heat/cold conditions and levels of noise, and potential exposure to various industrial liquids, oils, gases, etc.
- Must be willing to work up to a 12 hours rotating shift including nights and weekends
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing for potential long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items 50 pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Drive For Results: Has a strong bottom-line orientation; Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Financial Acumen: Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators; Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities; Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Attracts Top Talent: Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent; Finds the right talent to meet the group's needs; Closes talent gaps with the right balance of internal and external candidates; Is a good judge of talent.
- Communicates Effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-to-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; Attentively listens to others; Adjusts to fit the audience and the message; Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Courage: Readily tackles tough assignments; Faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same; Provides direct and actionable feedback; Is willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk.
Southwire Job Description
Attracts Top Talent
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.