You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Were in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of underwriters. Theyre at the center of everything we do and by joining us, youll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way theyve always been done isnt a part of the job. Here, youll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And youll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.Well Be a Good Match if You Have:
- A customer-first mindset, putting our customers at the center of everything you do.
- A passion for making decisions through both analyzing data and employing critical thinking skills.
- A team spirit and desire to work collaboratively.
- A financial mindset to help make the best decisions.
- Ability to own our work and follow through on commitments.
- Ability to decipher and execute within a fluid and changing business environment.
- An understanding of how to build relationships and trust among diverse groups.
- The ability to advance their careers into technical OR leadership positions.
- Quote, renew and provide consultative services for group benefit policyholders reinsured with Group Reinsurance Plus.
- Applies all GBD Underwriting guidelines and underlying risk management philosophy when making decisions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the elements of pricing including risk factors, manual rates, risk classification, experience rating and pricing targets.
- Ability to experience rate Life, STD, and LTD lines of coverage with in depth knowledge of developing formula and needed rate picks. Knowledge of Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverages a plus.
- Proactively manages largest, most complex book of business, advising clients on various risk and underwriting issues and servicing clients.
- Performs analyses on client's entire Life, AD&D, STD and LTD book of business.
- Actively participates in presentation of client company metrics to key decision makers.
- Leads regular Client Underwriting Touchpoint meetings as needed driving toward established outcomes.
- Proactively develops and maintains excellent working relationships with sales and internal representatives and clients.
- Represents underwriting function on segment and division project committees and assigned client implementations.
- Trains and/or Mentors other underwriting staff, here and at client companies as needed.
- Works independently with final decision making authority within assigned authority levels.
- May perform underwriting audits internally and at client companies.
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5 + years of Group Benefits underwriting experience including Large Case market experience.
- Reinsurance experience desired but not required.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions
- High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
- Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
- Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
- Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartfords total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$73,680 - $110,520
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us () Culture & Employee Insights () Diversity, Equity and Inclusion () Benefits ()
Sr UW Reg Acct - UO08IE