Description of Role
The VP Counsel on the SSGA Legal team in Hong Kong will covers all legal matters in the APAC ex-Japan region for State Street Global Advisors. Job Responsibilities
The VP Counsel in the Hong Kong office of SSGA will be responsible for the following:
- Prepares and reviews contracts and documentation involving asset management business, including contracts with segregated account clients, fund documentation for registered/ authorized funds and privately offered funds
- Prepares trading agreements and related documentation.
- Provides regulatory and legal advice to the SSGA business.
- Responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks.
- Negotiates and works on intercompany agreements.
- Works with the global and regional legal teams on internal projects.
- The VP Counsel must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals set by the SSGA business and by the SSGA General Counsel.
J ob Requirements
The ideal candidate must
have the following:
Must be a graduate of a recognized law school with 8 to 14 years of experience and admitted into a recognized bar.
Languages: must be fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese)
Candidate must have good judgement, the ability to work closely with Business stakeholders, and must have excellent technical legal skills. The candidate should be familiar with a variety of the industry's concepts and practices, and the regulatory developments in the region.