Teacher of Religious studies
Job Start: January 2022 (Or sooner if available)
Salary: M1- UPS3
Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of Religious studies? Are you a newly qualified teacher or experience teacher of religious studies who is seeking a new opportunity from January? If so, this Ofsted rated 'Good' school based in Newham could be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the school:
This school is a mixed comprehensive secondary school based in East London which prides themselves on having staff and students from diverse multicultural backgrounds. The school itself benefits from a newly built accommodation with great facilities, which are utilized well to provide high quality teaching and learning for all students.
During their last Ofsted inspection, it was noted that the pupils are 'courteous and articulate' and 'say they enjoy school and value the wide range of opportunities they are given'. (Ofsted, 2018)
The schools motto is 'Always aiming for excellence' and their mission is to provide the highest possible standards for education for all students. They also hold the values 'be kind, polite and considerate' and to 'take responsibility-no excuses' within the schools Ethos.
- Be required to teacher Religious Studies to KS3-KS4, as well as teaching Humanities and PSHE to KS3.
- Develop teaching and learning within the RS faculty and work towards raising student's attainment, achievement and progress.
- Develop an exciting, challenging and relevant learning experience for all students.
- Have a passion for learning and teaching together with the skills to inspire and motivate staff and students
- Need a QTS (or equivalent)
- Have an Enhanced DBS or be willing to put one into process
The school can offer:
- Excellent induction and CPD programme
- Comprehensive staff development programme
- Competitive pay
- Robust and supportive performance management systems
- Strong leadership and support
- Effective progression within the school
The school is looking to interview candidates the week commencing 26/09/2022 or earlier if you are available.
To apply for this position or to enquire further, please contact me via email on
Apply today to be considered.