We are looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher (UXR) who can work independently to lead improvements to the Text-To-Speech (TTS) aspect of this virtual assistant. The UXR will work closely with key stakeholders across the Assistant Speech team including conversation designers, visual designers, product managers, and other researchers to scope the data collection, conduct the analyses, and socialize the insights. There are opportunities to lead individual research projects, including designing, setting up, analyzing, and presenting results from usability tests, interviews, and surveys. This may include moderated interviews, competitive analysis, accessibility & diversity research, or foundational TTS insights. Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Understand study needs, create research plans, organize study materials, define respondent / participant criteria, and organize materials needed for research activities.
- Analyze and report on data from research activities.
- Summarize data from past research in new formats for various stakeholders.
- M.A./M.S. (completed) in Psychology, Sociology, Human Factors, HCI, or other fields emphasizing human behavior.
- At least 2-3 years of industry experience working with cross-functional partners.
- Solid understanding of and comfort with qualitative methods and foundational research.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience producing multiple reporting artifacts for diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented.
- At least one year experience conducting research on voice-enabled products or VUI, especially text-to-speech (TTS).
- Familiarity working on topics surrounding Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (DEI).
- Experience working on Digital Assistant technology or related features