Due to consistent growth and year-on-year profits over the last 20 years, our client are expanding with a strategic senior management hire.
Our client design and manufacture high-tech video and communications technology, with multiple awards for innovation ranging from Queen's awards to industry specific awards and more.
This role reports to the Senior VP of engineering, but also operates alongside them in overseeing the 50 strong engineering team. Your direct reports will be the leads and managers of each engineering team (test, software, electronics, product and project) .
As a technical VP role you will need a background of delivering in a lead technical role, with proven experience of delivering technically complex projects, from requirements through to delivery of effective designs, and working directly with clients at all stages in both a senior and technical capacity.
You will also have the people management skills to not only get the best out of the existing team, but also look at how they can be supported to improve and progress in their own careers. This is alongside taking an active role in the recruitment of new people, and the strategic decisions on what to consider for new hires.
Alongside the Senior VP you will develop the engineering strategy of the company.
This role has the possibility to progress to a board level.
Requirements for application:
- A strong technical career history
- Senior leadership of a complex multidisciplinary engineering team, to including electronics and software
- Commercial experience working with all stakeholders, from suppliers and customers, to board members and employees
- Proven experience delivering technically challenging projects
- Salary ranging from £110k - £140k
- Flexible hybrid working
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension
- Cycle to work (and on site showers!)
- Plenty of free parking
- Relocation assistance
- Progression opportunities which could take you to board level